Definition of power dive in English:
A steep dive of an aircraft with the engines providing thrust.
- He proceeded to take the Hawk up to 22,000 feet and in a power dive he brought the aircraft to within 1500 feet of the ground.
- It was not uncommon for prototype aircraft not to recover, or to break up from the great pressures exerted in pulling up from a power dive, so test pilots were really earning their salaries on these flights.
- The Thunderbolt could, from its high altitude perch, dive like the proverbial brick which gave rise to the myth that the P - 47 had broken the sound barrier during a power dive.
verb(power-dive) [no object] Back to top
Perform a power dive.
- A mentally unstable Daffy Duck power-dives his way into duck hunter Porky Pig's life, driving a wedge between him and his dog, and spraying them both with copious amounts of thpittle in the process.
Definition of power dive in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.