Definition of power plant in English:
1An installation where electrical power is generated for distribution.
- It might be a pasteurisation system or hydro plant or a nuclear power plant or refinery or something.
- In this article, we will examine how a nuclear reactor and a power plant work.
- But the path of electricity from a power plant to your wall socket is a rather, well, circuitous one.
1.1An engine or other apparatus that provides power for a machine, building, etc.
- Designers have selected the engine as the power plant for the first two vehicles.
- Interior noise levels are low - a trend among modern vehicles - and the diesel power plant is all but inaudible.
- He found what it was that brought the bird down and powered up the fusion power plant again to get the lift circuits back online.
Definition of power plant in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan