Definition of power series in English:
1An infinite series of the form Σanxn (where n is a positive integer).
- Not surprisingly, he also discovered the infinite power series for the cosine and the tangent.
- This is called a power series for sin because it is a series in terms of powers of x.
- Already at this stage he began to undertake research, investigating the problem of finding an estimate for the determinant generated by coefficients of a power series.
1.1A generalization of a power series for more than one variable.
- It also contains continued fractions, quadratic equations, sums of power series and a table of sines.
- He worked on power series and on potential theory.
- Some of his most well-known contributions are a theorem connected to the Phragmén-Lindelöf principle, a theorem about the zeros of the V-function and several theorems about power series with integer coefficients.
Definition of power series in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan