Definition of power spectrum in English:
noun (plural power spectra)Physics
The distribution of the energy of a waveform among its different frequency components.
- The relative values of the different components in the Fourier power spectrum express the comparative contribution of those frequencies of variation to the total energy of the original function.
- We measured maximum frequency and minimum frequency of the fundamental harmonic of the call from spectrograms, and frequency of most energy from a power spectrum.
- The spatial frequency and direction of any component in the power spectrum are given by the length and direction, respectively, of a vector from the origin to that point.
- 1power spectral adjective
- Example sentences
- By measuring the reduction of the channel conductance and the power spectral density of current fluctuations induced by the crown, we analyze how the effect depends on the applied voltage and the crown and salt concentrations.
- To characterize the frequency domain of these oscillations, power spectral analyses were performed.
- Inserting an LED into a port at the side of the integrating sphere is a common method for capturing the power spectral distribution from the device; it requires exact positioning of the device at the sphere wall for repeatable results.
Definition of power spectrum in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.