Definition of power-up in English:
1The action of switching on an electrical device, especially a computer.
- This self-calibration under power-up conditions keeps the performance optimised over the life of the sensor.
- The controlled power up helps prevent supply glitches during power-up and also prevents excessive dissipation.
- In the past, the operating system only had to search for the various devices connected to it on power-up, and once seen, the device would never go away.
1.1(In a computer game) a bonus that a player can collect and that gives their character an advantage, such as more strength or firepower.
- To this end, the game features special bonuses and power-ups for advanced players to explore.
- To help keep these assaults from getting out of hand there are a couple of very handy dandy power-ups that players can collect in their travels through the levels.
- There will be plenty of bonuses and power-ups to collect on the way.
Definition of power-up in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan