- 2Any of various mechanical or electrical devices, including.More example sentences
- Depending on the machine size, a linear displacement transducer or linear encoder is integrated into the powerhead to measure stroke.
- But, with the recent imposition of a tariff, they announced that the cost of powerheads sold in the U.S. would increase by 91.6% to eliminate the alleged dumping advantage.
- 2.2A vacuum-cleaner attachment that houses an independent motor that drives a carpet-beating rotating brush. See also beater bar.
- 2.3The internal combustion engine of an outboard motor.More example sentences
- While a final ruling in the outboard engine case is expected early next year, Commerce has imposed a preliminary 22.5% tariff on many Japanese outboard engines and powerheads.
More definitions of powerheadDefinition of powerhead in:
- The British & World English dictionary