- A nurse who has completed a training course of a lower standard than a registered nurse, especially one who is licensed by the state to perform certain duties (a licensed practical nurse).More example sentences
- The total number of nursing staff employed (including registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, and patient care technicians) was obtained from the nurse manager for each unit.
- The county-run centers, which cater to the elderly poor, plan additional courses to allow licensed practical nurses to become registered nurses.
- Does the agency employ registered nurses and licensed practical nurses?
More definitions of practical nurseDefinition of practical nurse in:
- The British & World English dictionary