- The bodyguard of the Roman emperor.More example sentences
- Before his return Mucianus had reduced the praetorian guard, enlarged by Vitellius, to approximately its old size, and they were entrusted to Titus on his return.
- It's far worse than anything that occurred in the Roman empire, until the praetorian guard started to sell the principate.
- Power is held by a strongman, surrounded by a praetorian guard.…
More definitions of praetorian guardDefinition of praetorian guard in:
- The British & World English dictionary