Definition of prandial in English:
adjectiveformal or , humorous
1During or relating to dinner or lunch.
- The other opposition member, for his part, long before the prandial hour he had been out to lunch!
- The Homestead's prandial adventures cannot be ignored.
- One, therefore, must savour, (to pick up the prandial metaphor), what is put in front of you and try to ignore what has gone before.
1.1 Medicine During or relating to the eating of food.
- With the development of new basal and prandial insulins, physicians and patients have more options and a chance for added dosing flexibility.
- Regular insulin provide basal and prandial effects.
- Ligation of the parotid ducts is reserved for ‘salvage’ if thin sialorrhoea persists to avoid too great a reduction of prandial salivary output with thick viscid saliva or xerostomia (a very morbid outcome for the patient).
Words that rhyme with prandialradial • medial • mondial
Definition of prandial in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.