A marine crustacean that resembles a large shrimp.
- Leander and other genera, class Malacostraca
More example sentences
- These included king crab, Phuket lobster, oysters, river prawns and yabbies.
- I get confused between giant prawns, crayfish and langoustine, but these were gigantic.
- I was drawn to the king prawn trilussa - prawns in a white wine and rosemary sauce served on a large bed of rice.
late Middle English: of unknown origin.
Definition of prawn in:
- The British & World English dictionary