- Occurring or existing before the Norman conquest of England.More example sentences
- Furthermore, the pre-Conquest Church of England had been an autonomous province of the universal Catholic Church under the king's authority as head.
- Our view of architecture, for example, is distorted by the near-total loss of all wooden buildings and by the Norman destruction of all pre-Conquest cathedrals.
- A church of this name is mentioned in Domesday in a way that implies pre-Conquest existence.
More definitions of pre-ConquestDefinition of pre-Conquest in:
- The British & World English dictionary