Definition of pre-embryo in English:
A human embryo or fertilized ovum in the first fourteen days after fertilization, before implantation in the uterus has occurred.
- The embryos, or pre-embryos, at fertility clinics are frozen at sometime between two and five days after fertilization.
- Before fourteen days, the embryo, or pre-embryo as it was scientifically known, was a loose cluster of first two, then four, then sixteen cells, undifferentiated.
- Implantation of the pre-embryo in the uterine wall is a highly invasive process, akin to attack by a parasite.
- Example sentences
- Therapeutic cloning, on the other hand, is a technique in which pre-embryonic tissue cloned from human donors who are suffering from a variety of diseases like Parkinson's, Alzheimer's and diabetes would be used to produce stem cells.
Definition of pre-embryo in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan