- 1In exact terms; without vagueness: the guidelines are precisely definedMore example sentences
- It's hard to define precisely, and even bands within this genre shy away from giving it an exact title.
- Your registered title should precisely define what you do and do not own and what other rights of access you may have.
- There was a time when a coach could define precisely the role of every position on the field.
- 1.1Exactly (used to emphasize the complete accuracy or truth of a statement): at 2:00 precisely, the phone rang kids will love it precisely because it will irritate their parentsMore example sentences
- I can identify the moment I fell out of love with India quite precisely.
- To repeat a defamatory statement was precisely the same as if one had said it in the first place.
- Edging shears must be razor sharp and held at precisely 90° to the lawn edge.