Definition of predacious in English:
(Of an animal) predatory: predacious insects
More example sentences
- With no parental care the eggs are vulnerable to predators such as cray fish, predacious insects and small fish.
- Similarly, the tiny water flea develops a large protective ‘helmet’ when predaceous larvae of the Chaoborus fly are present in the water nearby.
- The study of mongoose prey-killing techniques points to a highly efficient killing bite used on vertebrate prey, even in the least predaceous species.
- Example sentences
- The company didn't pursue market dominance via product excellence, but through predaciousness and intimidation.
Definition of predacious in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan