- Of or relating to a period before the normally recognized dynasties, especially in ancient Egypt before about 3000 bc.More example sentences
- Many terracotta figurines survive from civilizations of the Stone Age, predynastic Egypt, and ancient Crete.
- She later went on to conduct her own excavations at the predynastic village of North Sapur, Hemmamiya.
- There was a determined attempt to impose order on the multitude of gods and religious beliefs that had existed since predynastic times… and the sun-god Re became the supreme royal god, with the king taking the title of Son of Re ’.
More definitions of predynasticDefinition of predynastic in:
- The British & World English dictionary