Definition of preexposure in English:
Previous or premature exposure to something.
- Four groups received preexposure to the sage-flavored diet.
- Because we did not have neurobehavioral test results preexposure, the reasonable alternative was to calculate expected values.
- We kept only yearling males to minimize preexposure to the pathogens used in this study.
adjectiveBack to top
Occurring or existing before exposure, especially exposure to a disease or infection: preexposure vaccination
More example sentences
- Smallpox vaccination is not recommended for children in a pre-exposure situation because of the risk of adverse reactions.
- The CDC is not recommending pre-exposure vaccination for unexposed veterinarians, veterinary staff, or animal control officers, unless such persons are involved in field investigations.
- If you have already been vaccinated before being bitten (the pre-exposure vaccine), two doses of the rabies vaccine will be given: one at the time of the bite, and one 3-7 days later.
Definition of preexposure in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.