Definition of preexposure in English:
Previous or premature exposure to something.
- Four groups received preexposure to the sage-flavored diet.
- Because we did not have neurobehavioral test results preexposure, the reasonable alternative was to calculate expected values.
- We kept only yearling males to minimize preexposure to the pathogens used in this study.
adjectiveBack to top
Occurring or existing before exposure, especially exposure to a disease or infection: preexposure vaccination
More example sentences
- Smallpox vaccination is not recommended for children in a pre-exposure situation because of the risk of adverse reactions.
- The CDC is not recommending pre-exposure vaccination for unexposed veterinarians, veterinary staff, or animal control officers, unless such persons are involved in field investigations.
- If you have already been vaccinated before being bitten (the pre-exposure vaccine), two doses of the rabies vaccine will be given: one at the time of the bite, and one 3-7 days later.
Definition of preexposure in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia