- Of or relating to a time before industrialization: a preindustrial societyMore example sentences
- While some paint an idyllic picture of pre-industrial or early industrial society, the reality for the masses of working people was anything but idyllic.
- In classical Marxist thought slavery is a mode of production that characterizes primitive communities, feudalism, and pre-industrial agrarian societies.
- This point was probably reached much sooner in pre-industrial communal societies with shorter life spans than our own, where children are regarded as dependent well into their teenage years.
More definitions of preindustrialDefinition of preindustrial in:
- The British & World English dictionary