noun (plural premiers crus /prəˈmyā ˈkrY, ˈkrē(z)/)
- (Chiefly in French official classifications) a wine of a superior grade, or the vineyard that produces it. Compare with grand cru.More example sentences
- Chateau Climens is one of the most consistent of the premiers crus.
- The wines are continually tasted, and when he judges that they have reached their peak, they are carefully blended to create the chateau's premier cru vintage wine.
- Everything on our tabletop seemed to vibrate, including a premier cru burgundy that trembled within its thin, expensive goblet.
French, literally 'first growth'.
More definitions of premier cruDefinition of premier cru in:
- The British & World English dictionary