Definition of preprandial in English:
adjectiveformal or humorous
1Done or taken before dinner or lunch: a preprandial glass of sherry
More example sentences
- This falls at lunchtime, when I allow myself a preprandial glass of wine and read a chapter of an unsuitable book.
- The preprandial pickles are splendid and so are the popadoms with them.
- The kitchen was invaded by preprandial politics; people thinking ten things but keeping silent.
1.1 Medicine Occurring or done before a meal.
- Involving 335 subjects with type 1 diabetes, the study reveals that most patients prefer inhaled insulin before meals to the usual preprandial shots.
- One preprandial blood sample was collected daily.
- Each day of the 10-day trial, preprandial blood samples were collected at 0845 h, prior to the first meal.
Definition of preprandial in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan