- A fibrous material preimpregnated with a particular synthetic resin, used in making reinforced plastics.More example sentences
- Even construction is now mostly metal, although the airframe retains some prepreg carbon-fiber materials.
- Unlike some of the prepreg materials ordinarily used in composite processes, what they're using is a material that's like a fabric at room temperature.
- Unidirectional tape is more expensive than aluminum and more difficult to lay up than a woven prepreg.
1950s: from pre- 'before' + (im)preg(nated).
More definitions of prepregDefinition of prepreg in:
- The British & World English dictionary