Definition of preseason in English:
(Of a sporting event) taking place before the regular season.
- It would be their first venture to the west coast for preseason drills.
- He was impressive in the preseason opener and has solid skills for the position.
- Coaches are scared about losing key players to preseason injuries, so they keep them off the field.
noun[in singular] Back to top
The period of time before the regular season.
- ‘It's good to know that I've had two solid preseasons, and people around the league feel I can play,’ Dickenson says.
- They had better preseasons than Davis, who struggled with injuries.
- He hasn't shown a lot of promise the past two preseasons, but the team has a lot of future money invested in Lewis.
Definition of preseason in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.