Definition of preseason in English:
(Of a sporting event) taking place before the regular season.
- It would be their first venture to the west coast for preseason drills.
- He was impressive in the preseason opener and has solid skills for the position.
- Coaches are scared about losing key players to preseason injuries, so they keep them off the field.
noun[in singular] Back to top
The period of time before the regular season.
- ‘It's good to know that I've had two solid preseasons, and people around the league feel I can play,’ Dickenson says.
- They had better preseasons than Davis, who struggled with injuries.
- He hasn't shown a lot of promise the past two preseasons, but the team has a lot of future money invested in Lewis.
Definition of preseason in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan