- The ability to remain calm and take quick, sensible action: he had the presence of mind to record the scene on videoMore example sentences
- Despite their serious injuries, the men remained calm - one even had the presence of mind to make a joke.
- But if we stay sensible and keep our presence of mind we can meet the challenges ahead.
- So in the final analysis, it seems that the ability to maintain one's presence of mind in the face of danger is a primary issue.
More definitions of presence of mindDefinition of presence of mind in:
- The British & World English dictionary