- (Usually as a command) hold a rifle vertically in front of the body as a salute.More example sentences
- When the casket is removed from the hearse, the squad presents arms and then performs the military ritual.
- The Victoria and Albert cast off from Port Victoria Pier at 20 minutes after 3 and steamed down to Sheerness Harbour, the crews of the vessels in the river manning ship and the guards presenting arms as her Majesty passed.
- The World War I story of ‘preachers presenting arms’ has been told before, but Gamble tells it well.
More definitions of present armsDefinition of present arms in:
- The British & World English dictionary