noun (plural presidents-elect)
- A person who has been elected president but has not yet taken up office.More example sentences
- He said that the new director of the service should be elected after consultations between the government and the president-elect.
- He is the president-elect of the New York State Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
- The president-elect was alluding to the biggest concern of Peru's ruling elite regarding the case.
More definitions of president-electDefinition of president-elect in:
- The British & World English dictionary