- Born or occurring after a pregnancy significantly shorter than normal, especially after no more than 37 weeks of pregnancy: babies born during preterm laborMore example sentences
- It starts with the management of preterm labor and postdate pregnancies.
- Smoking during pregnancy has also been linked to preterm labor and other pregnancy complications.
- We propose that women should be informed of a small but significantly elevated risk of preterm birth and perinatal death when they conceive shortly after a birth.
adverbBack to top
More definitions of pretermDefinition of preterm in:
- The British & World English dictionary