- 1A person or thing that prevents something: effective as preventers of further infectionMore example sentences
- On the other hand, birth control pills are an effective preventer of pregnancy, which is in turn a powerful risk factor for thrombosis.
- Preventive war rests on the premise that the preventer has accurate and reliable knowledge about the evil enemy's capabilities and intentions.
- There are two main kinds of asthma medicine, both of which involve inhalers - relievers and preventers.
More definitions of preventerDefinition of preventer in:
- The British & World English dictionary