Definition of prevention in English:
The action of stopping something from happening or arising: crime prevention the treatment and prevention of AIDS
More example sentences
- He said police would be working in the community this month to highlight issues such as crime prevention.
- She said officers would have advised the owners on what crime prevention measures they could take.
- She said that it was up to the community to take a greater role in crime prevention.
an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure
- proverb It’s easier to stop something from happening in the first place than to repair the damage after it has happened.Example sentences
- Remember, prevention is better than cure and is much cheaper both in terms of hardware damage/replacement and lost production due to data loss.
- While council officials are not unduly worried they are nonetheless taking the view that prevention is better than cure, especially if the hot weather continues for the rest of August.
- We believe that prevention is better than cure, and we keep up with latest technology and colours to find the best for our customers.
Definition of prevention in:
- British & World English dictionary