1 [attributive] Existing or occurring before in time or order: she looked tired after her exertions of the previous evening tickets will be sold on the same basis as in previous years
More example sentences
- It follows a previous interim order which was made out for two months in April.
- The starting grids are based on a reversal of the finishing order of the previous race.
- It is the point of order I referred to during your ruling on the previous point of order.
- Before: the month previous to publication he seemed to have been in good health previous to the fatal injuryMore example sentences
- The economic reality was that previous to that case, quite extended families had been living on these properties for a pittance.
- ‘None of these 57 sites had any record of toxicity previous to 1988,’ he said.
- On the pre-recorded show on Sunday night last, Christopher was picked previous to the show to be the member from the audience to perform just before the end.
Words that rhyme with previousdevious
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.