- Persistent and painful erection of the penis.More example sentences
- Another important genitourinary problem is priapism: a painful, persistent erection due to vaso-occlusive obstruction of the venous drainage of the penis.
- Trazodone has been associated with priapism - persistent, usually painful erections not associated with sexual arousal.
- Although priapism can occur at any age, it is most common in men 20 to 50 years of age.
late Middle English: via late Latin from Greek priapismos, from priapizein 'be lewd', from Priapos (see Priapus).
More definitions of priapismDefinition of priapism in:
- The British & World English dictionary