Definition of price tag in English:
1The label on an item for sale, showing its price.
- The price tag and label from the local bookstore had been painstakingly removed only that morning.
- The old man rang up the items slowly, staring hard at the price tag labels, as is if he couldn't read them.
- This means it can give the loan a more eye-catching and competitive rate, as in the classic #9.99 sale price tag.
1.1The cost of something: a $400 billion price tag was put on the venture
More example sentences
- In fact, our broken system has a high price tag - it costs millions of minorities their dreams and their future.
- The second price tag is the cost of operating the appliance during its lifetime.
- Though no one has put an official price tag on the project, it could potentially cost billions.
Definition of price tag in:
- British & World English dictionary