- A Central American plant with prickly leaves and large scented yellow flowers. It has become a weed in many tropical regions, but is cultivated in cooler regions as an ornamental.
More example sentences
- Argemone mexicana, family Papaveraceae
- Areas once graced by desert mariposa tulip, Rocky Mountain bee plant, prickly poppy and evening primrose were invaded by the hostile horehound.
- A gust of red dust swirls around a patch of prickly poppies outside her hogan door, twisting past a pair of horses in a makeshift corral.
More definitions of prickly poppyDefinition of prickly poppy in:
- The British & World English dictionary