- A form of psychotherapy that focuses on a patient’s earliest emotional experiences and encourages verbal expression of childhood suffering, typically using an empty chair or other prop to represent a parent toward whom anger is directed.More example sentences
- He should have spent some time listening to former patients in primal therapy who resolved various problems after recovering their birth memories.
- With its handwritten message in felt pen, it was originally sent as a thank note to Sir George from Beverley Hills in 1970 by John and Yoko while they were in Los Angeles undergoing four months of primal therapy.
- The woman who once admitted to smashing plates as a form of primal therapy, and who used to run upstairs as a girl and sing along to The Sound of Music to drown out the rows, is now, she says, ‘in the happiest place in my life’.
More definitions of primal therapyDefinition of primal therapy in:
- The British & World English dictionary