Definition of prime minister in English:
In current use, the terms premier and prime minister refer to the same office in Britain, but in Canada and Australia the government of a province or state is headed by a premier, that of the federal government by a prime minister. In countries such as France, where the president has an executive function, the prime minister is in a subordinate position
- There have been many mutual visits, by presidents, prime ministers and foreign ministers.
- The prime ministers of Italy, Spain and the United Kingdom were elected.
- Since the 1980s, the Antilles has had two female prime ministers and several female ministers.
- 1prime ministershipnoun
- Example sentences
- I believe that will be the mark of his prime ministership, and it will certainly be the mark of his Government, of which I was privileged to be a junior member.
- Successful economic reform marked the early period of his prime ministership, but splits within his governing coalition and allegations of corruption weakened him.
- Four years after losing the prime ministership, he remains a political celebrity who polarises opinions.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.