noun (plural primigravidae /-ˈgravədē, -gravəˌdī/)Medicine
- A woman who is pregnant for the first time.More example sentences
- The one who delivered at the hospital was considered an older primigravida for that time.
- One hundred and thirty eight primigravidae who were recruited at antenatal classes at five sites participated in the study.
- His mother was a 34 year old, healthy primigravida who had had an uneventful pregnancy.
late 19th century: modern Latin (feminine), from Latin primus 'first' + gravidus 'pregnant' (see gravid).
More definitions of primigravidaDefinition of primigravida in:
- The British & World English dictionary