- The smallest possible unit cell of a lattice, having lattice points at each of its eight vertices only.More example sentences
- That's why people think juvenile onset diabetes is the ideal problem for stem cells to solve: those primitive cells from embryos, foetuses or adult organs, which have the ability to turn into the tissues you want.
- But for a given lattice, which of the many possible primitive cells should be selected?
- As an example. it is shown that the two-dimensional honeycomb structure can not be viewed as a Bravais lattice unless the proper primitive cell and basis are selected.
More definitions of primitive cellDefinition of primitive cell in:
- The British & World English dictionary