- A soldier of the lowest rank.More example sentences
- Even during the 19th century, if an NCO or a private soldier was being court-martialled in the German army a set proportion of the members of the court had to hold the same rank as the accused.
- If McBride was a gunner - a private soldier in the Royal Artillery - he possibly came from Newry.
- Briefly working as a schoolmaster, in 1938 Rivet enlisted as a private soldier before service with the Royal Signals where he eventually rose to the rank of major and undertook service in East Africa.
More definitions of private soldierDefinition of private soldier in:
- The British & World English dictionary