Transfer (a business, industry, or service) from public to private ownership and control: a plan for privatizing education
More example sentences
- Successive governments pared back the public sector, privatising industries and services throughout the country.
- The postal officials reportedly supported Koso as an opponent of government plans to privatize postal services.
- This is because it is privatising the nationalised industries and services and doing everything in its power to attract foreign investment.
- Example sentences
- Those performing well get three stars, while those performing poorly get no extra cash and the threat of being taken over by privatisers within three months.
- The success in Glasgow should spur on resistance to the privatisers throughout the public services.
- Alternatively, privatizers can unhappily admit that future stock returns will be much lower than they have been claiming.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of privatize in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.