- The branch of mathematics that deals with quantities having random distributions.More example sentences
- His main research topics were number theory, probability theory and mathematical statistics.
- At that time, few mathematicians regarded probability theory as an authentic mathematical field, in the same strict sense that they regarded differential and integral calculus.
- Her work at this time was on statistics, in particular probability theory, and also on the mathematical theory of plasticity.
More definitions of probability theoryDefinition of probability theory in:
- The British & World English dictionary