Definition of proboscis monkey in English:
A leaf-eating monkey native to the forests of Borneo, the male of which is twice the weight of the female and has a large pendulous nose.
- Nasalis larvatus, family Cercopithecidae
- Among Asian colobines are Borneo's proboscis monkey, the Chinese snub-nosed monkeys and langurs, such as the douc of South-east Asia.
- Nine of the 13 primate species of Borneo are found in the park, such as the distinctive proboscis monkey, the agile gibbon, the silvery leaf-eating monkey and the orangutan.
- She looked like an obese proboscis monkey, wore cat-eye glasses and had football shaped breasts.
Definition of proboscis monkey in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan