A leaf-eating monkey native to the forests of Borneo, the male of which is twice the weight of the female and has a large pendulous nose.
- Nasalis larvatus, family Cercopithecidae
More example sentences
- Among Asian colobines are Borneo's proboscis monkey, the Chinese snub-nosed monkeys and langurs, such as the douc of South-east Asia.
- Nine of the 13 primate species of Borneo are found in the park, such as the distinctive proboscis monkey, the agile gibbon, the silvery leaf-eating monkey and the orangutan.
- She looked like an obese proboscis monkey, wore cat-eye glasses and had football shaped breasts.
Definition of proboscis monkey in:
- The British & World English dictionary