- Inflammation of the rectum and anus.More example sentences
- Perianal infection with associated proctitis is common in homosexual men.
- The differential diagnosis for this problem includes hemorrhoids, solitary rectal ulcer, diverticular bleeding, angiodysplasia, and proctitis.
- Mesalamine suppositories are effective in maintaining remission in patients with proctitis.
early 19th century: from Greek prōktos 'anus' + -itis.
More definitions of proctitisDefinition of proctitis in:
- The British & World English dictionary