- The recording and analysis of a person’s psychological and behavioral characteristics, so as to assess or predict their capabilities in a certain sphere or to assist in identifying a particular subgroup of people.More example sentences
- There's no psychological profiling or involuntary behavioural modification going on here, just a cassette playing a muffled selection of old dance anthems, the hits of Ibiza '97.
- The goal of investigative psychology's form of profiling, like all profiling, is to infer characteristics of a criminal based on his or her behavior during the crime.
- In their search for the sniper, police are relying on psychological profiling to better understand and predict what's going through the sniper's mind.
More definitions of profilingDefinition of profiling in:
- The British & World English dictionary