- A natural or synthetic steroid hormone, such as progesterone, that maintains pregnancy and prevents further ovulation during pregnancy.More example sentences
- HRT is made up of two types of hormones, oestrogens and progestins, or synthetic progesterone.
- It is well known that gonadal steroids such as progestins, androgens and estrogens are produced by the ovary under the influence of gonadotropins.
- Reported androgenic effects of synthetic progestins include fluid retention, reduction of HDL cholesterol levels, headaches and mood disturbance.
More definitions of progestinDefinition of progestin in:
- The British & World English dictionary