(also proglottis /-ˈglätis/)
- Each segment in the strobila of a tapeworm, containing a complete sexually mature reproductive system.More example sentences
- Their bodies are long and flat, made up of many segments called proglottids.
- Posterior to the scolex are segments called proglottids.
- About 10 posterior proglottids from each of five adult cestodes were longitudinally disrupted with sterilized forceps.
late 19th century: from Greek proglōssis, proglōssid- 'point of the tongue', based on glōssa, glōtta 'tongue' (because of its shape).
More definitions of proglottidDefinition of proglottid in:
- The British & World English dictionary