- A psychological test in which words, images, or situations are presented to a person and the responses analyzed for the unconscious expression of elements of personality that they reveal.More example sentences
- The Rorschach inkblot test is a psychological projective test of personality in which a subject's interpretations of ten standard abstract designs are analyzed as a measure of emotional and intellectual functioning and integration.
- Early evaluations of such tests praised them as ‘foolproof X-rays’ of personality, but eventually it became clear that responses on projective tests varied considerably with the situation, the instructions and the scorer.
- Some of the most creative people in the world, then, must be psychoanalysts and therapists who use projective tests like the Rorschach test or who see patterns of child abuse behind every emotional problem.
More definitions of projective testDefinition of projective test in:
- The British & World English dictionary