(also pronghorn antelope)
Definition of pronghorn in English:
A deerlike North American mammal with a stocky body, long slim legs, and black horns that are shed and regrown annually.
- Antilocapra americana, the only member of the family Antilocapridae
- With a little luck and patience, you can see moose, pronghorns, bighorn sheep, coyotes, wolves, black bears, and grizzlies as well as ospreys, trumpeter swans, bald eagles, and lots of other birds.
- The cowboys left long ago, but the elk, bison, pronghorns, coyote and moose are still at large in a chilly wilderness.
- Descendants of some of these immigrants, such as deer and pronghorns, are still dominant in this area today.
Definition of pronghorn in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan