(also pronghorn antelope)
Definition of pronghorn in English:
A deerlike North American mammal with a stocky body, long slim legs, and black horns that are shed and regrown annually.
- Antilocapra americana, the only member of the family Antilocapridae
- With a little luck and patience, you can see moose, pronghorns, bighorn sheep, coyotes, wolves, black bears, and grizzlies as well as ospreys, trumpeter swans, bald eagles, and lots of other birds.
- The cowboys left long ago, but the elk, bison, pronghorns, coyote and moose are still at large in a chilly wilderness.
- Descendants of some of these immigrants, such as deer and pronghorns, are still dominant in this area today.
Definition of pronghorn in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.