Confirmation in the form of a receipt or other document that one has paid for a particular item: we had to have proof of purchase in order to qualify for service under the warranty you need a proof of purchase otherwise the retailer cannot verify that you purchased the product from their store
More example sentences
- "No one is moving until they can show us a proof of purchase for that land."
- When it was announced that the concert had been cancelled, she sent the tickets back as instructed, and kept the stubs as proof of purchase.
- Creed returned briefly from Australia bringing the original 1840 deed as so-called proof of purchase.
Definition of proof of purchase in:
- British & World English dictionary
Designating a feature or symbol on a product that can be removed by the buyer to prove that the product was purchased, in order to claim a rebate or refund.
- ‘It has recently started to crop up here,’ Danard said of Vancouver's system, which operates on a proof-of-purchase system in which tickets are examined by an inspector.
- The promo also includes an offer with CompuServe for three months of free Internet service with three proof-of-purchase seals.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan