Confirmation in the form of a receipt or other document that one has paid for a particular item: we had to have proof of purchase in order to qualify for service under the warranty you need a proof of purchase otherwise the retailer cannot verify that you purchased the product from their store
More example sentences
- "No one is moving until they can show us a proof of purchase for that land."
- When it was announced that the concert had been cancelled, she sent the tickets back as instructed, and kept the stubs as proof of purchase.
- Creed returned briefly from Australia bringing the original 1840 deed as so-called proof of purchase.
Definition of proof of purchase in:
- British & World English dictionary
Designating a feature or symbol on a product that can be removed by the buyer to prove that the product was purchased, in order to claim a rebate or refund.
- ‘It has recently started to crop up here,’ Danard said of Vancouver's system, which operates on a proof-of-purchase system in which tickets are examined by an inspector.
- The promo also includes an offer with CompuServe for three months of free Internet service with three proof-of-purchase seals.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.