- A passage of the Bible to which appeal is made in support of an argument or position in theology.More example sentences
- It is only up for debate for those more satisfied with appealing to proof-texts, without taking time to consider the literary, historical, and socio-cultural contexts of the passages in question.
- It is said to divide Christians, and bore them with catechisms and proof-texts.
- I started exploring and found a complete, line-by-line refutation to all the proof-texts that Christians use to proselytize.
More definitions of proof textDefinition of proof text in:
- The British & World English dictionary