Definition of proportionable in English:
Archaic term for proportional.
- In concluding their report, the consultants stated the inescapable reality was that, for the foreseeable future, car travel will continue to grow in both absolute and proportionable terms.
- The division of labour, however, so far as it can be introduced, occasions, in every art, a proportionable increase of the productive powers of labour.
- A worm of proportionable enormity had bored a hole in the shell.
- Example sentences
- But wherever you depart, in the least, from the similarity of the cases, you diminish proportionably the evidence; and may at last bring it to a very weak analogy, which is confessedly liable to error and uncertainty.
- As the minuteness of the parts formed a great hindrance to my speed, I resolved, contrary to my first intention, to make the being of a gigantic stature; that is to say, about eight feet in height, and proportionably large.
- In like manner, all the graces of the Spirit grow proportionably, by the special influences of divine grace.
Definition of proportionable in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan