- An electoral system in which parties gain seats in proportion to the number of votes cast for them.More example sentences
- The only solution that will solve all the list problems is to switch to the single transferable vote system of proportional representation.
- Unionists clarified the electoral system by abolishing proportional representation in 1929.
- Such a slate is required under the country's electoral system of proportional representation.
More definitions of proportional representationDefinition of proportional representation in:
- The British & World English dictionary