Definition of proportionate in English:
Another term for proportional.
- So the Agency's approach to participation was proportionate and it is on those grounds that we submit there should be two sets of costs.
- Moreover, she says, increased output was seldom matched by a proportionate increase in wages.
- In my submission, that is the proportionate and reasonable approach here.
- Example sentences
- But that day will not come until young people are proportionately represented within the party.
- It is likely to be proportionately higher compared with the private sector due to fundamental differences in capital structure.
- She added that less well-off households, who spend proportionately more on groceries, stood to benefit most.
Words that rhyme with proportionateextortionate
Definition of proportionate in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan