Definition of proportionate in English:
Another term for proportional.
- So the Agency's approach to participation was proportionate and it is on those grounds that we submit there should be two sets of costs.
- Moreover, she says, increased output was seldom matched by a proportionate increase in wages.
- In my submission, that is the proportionate and reasonable approach here.
- Example sentences
- But that day will not come until young people are proportionately represented within the party.
- It is likely to be proportionately higher compared with the private sector due to fundamental differences in capital structure.
- She added that less well-off households, who spend proportionately more on groceries, stood to benefit most.
Words that rhyme with proportionateextortionate
Definition of proportionate in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.